Leaf Group is looking for a Security Engineer to help us improve our information security, privacy, compliance and risk management practices.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Security Engineer grows with us. US based remote considered.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society 6), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
You’ll Report To: VP, Information Security
A typical day as a Security Engineer might include:
- Evaluate, develop, design, test, implement, deploy and administer information security technologies
- Collaborate with developers and engineering teams to identify and improve processes and technologies that allow for the integration of cybersecurity into the product development lifecycle
- Maintain on call duties / schedule as required for Investigation and Incident Response.
- Independently lead projects, coordinate efforts with all team members, ensure proper communication to management as well as the overall success of the project through to completion.
- You’ll be successful if you are passionate and committed in making a significant impact to improving our security & compliance maturity.
What You Have:
- 3+ years’ experience in an information security technical role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent background
- Hands-on operational experience with a number of security technologies
- Experience with one or more of the following: Web Application Firewalls (WAF), endpoint security, intrusion prevention, incident response, multi-factor authentication, security event monitoring/SIEM, vulnerability management, Single Sign On (SSO), cloud security, web filtering, and network security
- Preferred experience with cloud computing infrastructure such as AWS and containerized environments
- Ability to present complex ideas and report findings and security concepts to management and peers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large.
- We’re casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. Personal accountability goes a long way. We believe we are the change.
What We Have:
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People’s Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Well+Good is the 2019 People’s Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably’s 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.
To apply for this job please visit www.leafgroup.com.